1. In 1993, Jane Campion was the second woman to be nominated for Best Director for The Piano. Who
is the only other woman to be nominated for directing?
2. Who waited the longest between his first nomination and the first time he won?
3. Who is the only person actually named Oscar to win an Academy Award?
Oscar de la Renta
Oscar Hammerstein II
4. Who has hosted the Oscars telecast the most times?
5. Only three films in the past 73 years have won all five of the major awards. They are:
It Happened One Night, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Silence of the Lambs
Citizen Kane, The English Patient, Forrest Gump
Ben-Hur, The English Patient, Titanic
6. Who has won the most total Oscars?
7. Who directed both his father and daughter to an Oscar?
Francis Ford Coppola
8. In the past, Best Picture nominees didn't always number five films. What is the most films nominated
for best picture in one year?
9. What actor has never won an Oscar in a leading role?
10. Which film has the most wins (8) but did not win Best Picture?
Shakespeare in Love