You Know you are from Texas if:
1. You measure distance in minutes.
2. You've ever had to switch
for "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
3. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
4. You see a car with the engine
running in the Wal-mart parking lot with no one in it, no matter what time of the year.
5. You use "fix" as a verb.
Example: I am fixin' to go to the store. (note: in the portion above "fixin'-to" is one word....)
6 All the festivals
across the state are named after a fruit or a vegetable.
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and
leave both unlocked.
8. You carry jumper cables for your own car.
9. You know what "cow tipping" and "snipe
l0. You only have four spices in your kitchen: Salt, Pepper, Catsup, and Tabasco.
11. You think
everyone from north of Dallas has an accent.
12. You think sexy underwear is a tee shirt and boxer shorts.
The local papers covers national and international news on one page but requires six pages to cover Friday night high school
14. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
15. You know which leaves make
good toilet paper.
16. You find 100 degrees a "tad" warm
17. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer,
still summer and Christmas.
18. You know whether another Texan is from East, West, North, or South Texas as soon as
he opens his mouth.
19 Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past-time known as "goin Wal-Martin" or "off to Wally-world".
You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chili weather.
21. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda,
cola, or pop....It's a Coke regardless of brand of flavor.
22. You understand these jokes. If you do, forward them
to your friends from Texas.