It opened in 1931 and was the
tallest building in the world for almost forty years. Name this New York City landmark.
Which was built first?
- Great Places
A. the Eiffel
B. the Pyramids at Giza
C. the Roman Coliseum
D. the cathedral at Notre Dame
E. the Mesa Verde cliff dwellings
The huge stone statues of Easter Island were carved by
which of the three major societies of Oceania?
The Kaaba is a small building sacred to Islam. Embedded
in the southeast corner of the Kaaba is the Black Stone. This stone is ...
E. petrified wood
As one of the British queen's residences, it is the
largest inhabited castle in the world. Name it.
The Wailing Wall is a relic of the Temple of Herod,
destroyed in the year 70 A.D. This wall is in what city?
The Arc de Triomphe was erected to commemorate the
victories of Napoleon Bonaparte. It is at the end of what street in Paris?
William Shakespeare's Globe Theater was in the shape
of a(n) ...
In what country is this thing located?
It is 480 feet high. Its 2.3 million
weigh 2.5 tons each
and are separated by joints only one
ten-thousandth of an inch wide.
- The Berlin Wall was dismantled in ...
- One has to walk some fifteen miles to visit each
of the 322 galleries housing nearly 3 million works of art. Name this enormous museum in St. Petersburg that includes the
Winter Palace of the czars.
- Marsha was showing photographs of the Acropolis and
the Parthenon taken during her vacation. What country did she visit?
- The Tower of London, Big Ben, and Westminster Abbey
all overlook what river?
- The Great Wall extends into the deserts of central
China all the way from near ...
E. the Yellow Sea
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, with all manner of
exotic shrubs and flowers, were irrigated by water pumped from what river?
- Which is shaped most like a rectangular solid?
B. the U.S. Capitol
C. the Lincoln Memorial
D. the Washington Monument
E. the United Nations Secretariat
- Originally the Hagia Sophia in Constantinople was
a Christian church. But the Moslems captured the city in 1453 and turned it into a mosque. They added four tall slender towers
to the building called .
- St. Peter's Basilica is in the same city as ...
B. the Forbidden City
C. Westminster Abbey
D. the Arc de Triomphe
E. the Empire State Building
- The Statue of Liberty consists of a steel frame covered
with what metal that quickly turned light green due to the damp air?
- The Tower of London dates back to the reign of ...
B. Henry II
C. Queen Anne
D. Elizabeth I
E. William the Conqueror
- The center of the city contains huge buildings topped
with tall spires and golden domes, all surrounded by a high stone wall. In what city would you find this citadel whose name
comes from the Russian word "kreml," meaning fortress?
- It has a bulb-shaped central dome surrounded by four
smaller domes, all built on a great marble slab with tall, slender minarets at each corner. Name this mausoleum.
D. Eiffel Tower
E. Aqueduct of Nero
- The eastern entrance to the Panama Canal lies in
- The magnificent stone works seen in the remains of
Machu Picchu and the capital city of Cuzco were the products of which civilization?
- It cost $50 million to build this estate overlooking
the Pacific Ocean. It was completed in 1925 by William Randolph Hearst. Name it.
- Which is not a man-made structure?
A. Sears Tower
C. Devil's Tower
D. Tower of Pisa
E. Tower of London
- This building is made of gray sandstone. It was designed
by James Hoban and stands near the Potomac. Name this building that once was known as "the President's Palace."
- Grand Coulee Dam, the largest concrete structure
in the U.S., backs up the waters of what river?
E. Rio Grande
- This bell tower was built in the year 1350 and has
been leaning ever since. In what Italian city is this tower located?
- The Washington Monument is one example of an obelisk. This
is a form of architecture which can be traced back to which civilization?
What Happened to Your Other Favorite Child
1. Gary Coleman has become the unofficial poster child for
troubled former child stars. Since Diff’rent Strokes went off the air, he has done all of the following except:
Worked as a mall security guard
Checked into to drug rehab center for a pain killer addiction
Punched a fan who called him a "washed up child star"
Told US magazine that, at the age of 31, he was still a
virgin 2. Which former child star announced that he was gay in 1998?
Emanuel Lewis (Webster Long, Webster)
Ricky Schroder (Ricky Stratton, Silver Spoons)
Danny Pintauro (Jonathan Bower, Who’s the Boss?)
Jeremy Miller (Ben Seaver, Growing Pains )
3. In 1992, Barry Williams (Greg Brady, The Brady Bunch)
penned Growing Up Brady: I Was a Teenage Greg in which he revealed that he had crushes on which costars while taping The Brady
Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) and Florence Henderson
Ann B. Davis (Alice Nelson) and Susan Olsen (Cindy Brady)
Robert Reed (Mike Brady) and Christopher Knight (Peter Brady)
Florence Henderson (Carol Brady) and Eve Plumb (Jan Brady)
4. Adam Rich (Nicholas Bradford, Eight is Enough) has had
numerous run-ins with the law, most of which involved drugs and alcohol. But in 1991 he was arrested for allegedly shoplifting
in a department store. What was he accused of stealing?
A pair of socks
5. Two bands, The Late Bloomers and Jaded, each count a
Family Ties star among their members. Which two former Keatons are they?
Brian Bonsall (Andrew Keaton) and Tina Yothers (Jennifer
Justine Bateman (Mallory Keaton) and Michael J. Fox (Alex
Tina Yothers (Jennifer Keaton) and Justine Bateman (Mallory
Michael J. Fox (Alex P. Keaton) and Brian Bonsall (Andrew
Keaton) 6. Child stars are no strangers to tabloids and rumors. Of the following rumors, which is the only one that was true?
Jan Brady was in a porn film
Danny Bonaduce (Danny Partridge, The Partridge Family) was
arrested for assaulting a transvestite
Michael Gilchrist (Mikey, Life cereal TV commercial) died
from eating Pop Rocks and drinking soda at the same time
Dustin Diamond (Samuel "Screech" Powers, Saved by the Bell)
is the brother of a Beastie Boy
7. Which child star is still alive?
Dana Plato (Kimberly Drummond, Diff'rent Strokes)
Ricky Nelson (Ricky Nelson, The Adventures of Ozzie and
Tommy Retig (Jeff Miller, Lassie)
Emmanuel Lewis (Webster Long, Webster)
8. Which child star filed for bankruptcy?
Jerry Mathers (Beaver, Leave It to Beaver)
Corey Haim (Lucas, Lucas)
Todd Bridges (Willis, Diff’rent Strokes)
Kirk Cameron (Mike, Growing Pains)