1. What relation was the Christ Child to John the Baptist?
2. Who was the Roman emperor when Christ was born?
3. Which emperor is credited with standardizing Dec. 25
as Christmas Day?
4. Mary and Joseph journeyed from Nazareth to Bethlehem
to be enrolled in the imperial census. How many miles is that?
5. Where did the Grinch steal Christmas?
6. What family tradition did President Franklin Roosevelt
insist on performing every Christmas Eve?
7. In Truman Capote's "A Christmas Memory" what identical
gift was bestowed on the bootlegger, the bus driver, the knife grinder, two Baptist missionaries in Borneo and the president
of the United States?
8. What was True Love's gift on the second day of Christmas?
9. What did Harry Potter get for Christmas in his first
semester at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?
10. Did Norman Rockwell ever paint Grandma Moses?
11. What historic event heightened holiday spirits in Berlin
a decade ago?
12. Which newspaper assured a reader: "Yes, Virginia, there
is a Santa Claus?"
13. Why do we kiss under the mistletoe?
14. What is holly's symbolic meaning to Christians?
15. Who started the American tradition of poinsettia at
16. True or false: The New England Puritans forbade Christmas
17. Thanksgiving has traditionally been the start of the
Christmas season in the U.S. Which U.S. President moved Thanksgiving back a week to extend the holiday shopping season?
18. True or false: The date of Christ's birth is noted in
the Book of Matthew in the New Testament.
19. What contribution to the Santa legend did New York ad
writer Robert May make in 1939?
20. In what Broadway musical was the song "Have Yourself
a Merry Little Christmas" introduced?
21. What auspicious television event occurred in December
22. What auspicious television event occurred on December
23. What legendary actor narrated the TV special "How the
Grinch Stole Christmas?
24. What do the songs "Jingle Bells", "Winter Wonderland",
and "Sleighride" have in common?
25. Why is "O, Come All Ye Faithful" a Christmas carol but
"Deck the Halls" not?
25. The state songs of Maryland and Michigan use the melody
of what popular Christmas song?
26. What Christmas song was introduced in the 1942 movie
"Holiday Inn" ... and was almost cut out of the final version?
27. Who sang "I saw Momy Kissing Santa Claus?"
28. In which year was Queen Elizabeth's Christmas message
to the nation fist televised?
29. Where is Christmas Island?
30. True or false: America has an "official" Christmas tree.
33. True or false: More diamonds are sold at Christmas time
than at Valentine's Day.
34. What was so unusual about the Christmas season of 1989
in Eastern Europe?
35. In what year did Toys for Tots start making the holidays
a little happier for children?
36. When and where did the Salvation Army Christmas collection