THE BODY COUNT WASN'T AS HIGH AS YOU THOUGHT. GOOD
MEN BECAME BAD MEN - BAD MEN BECAME OLD MEN EXCEPT FOR WILD BILL AND BILLY THE KID (WHICH IS JUST AS WELL SINCE "BILLY THE
GERIATRIC' SOUNDS SILLY).
1. In 1911, at the age of 63, Wyatt Earp was arrested for
vagrancy in Los Angeles. He died of prostate cancer at the age of 79!
2. Mexican American Gunfighter/ Lawman/ Lawyer Elfego Baca
was born the year the Civil War ended (1865) and died two months after the first atomic test (1945). 80 years.
3. TOMBSTONE ARIZONA reported 5 homicides in 1881. Three
of these were victims of the O.K. Corral shooting. This was Tombstone's most violent year in the nineteenth century.
4. The "gunfight" at the O.K. Corral lasted less than a minute,
resulted in three deaths and took place entirely outside the corral proper.
5. DEADWOOD S. DAKOTA in it's most violent year (1881) recorded
only three killings, one of which was Wild Bill Hickok.
6. Wm Bonney a.k.a. Billy the Kid was born in NEW YORK CITY!
7. After being shot by an assassin while playing a game of
pool, Morgan Earp's dying words were: "I guess that's the last game of pool I play".
8. Geo. Custer had his trademark hair shorn before his rendezvous
with death at Little Big Horn.
9. Emmet Dalton of the Dalton Bros. died in Hollywood California
at the age of 66.
10. Before his death in Deadwood, Wild Bill served as Marshall
of ABILENE KANSAS, where he was responsible for 100% of the killings in 1871. 50% of which was his deputy who ran up behind
Wild Bill after he had just shot the first 50%.