·"It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!" -Nicholas Evans, 'The Horse Whisperer'
· "I took to the life of a cowboy like a horse takes to oats. " ~Clinton McCoy
· "A man, a horse and a dog never get weary of each other's company." -anonoymous
· "We'll ride horses on the beach, right in the surf. Now, but you'll have to do it like a real cowboy. None of that
side saddle stuff." -Jack Dawson in Titanic
"You mean, one leg on each side?" -Rose Dewitt Bukater in Titanic
· "When you're young and you fall off a horse, you may break something. When you're my age, you splatter. " -Roy Rogers
· "The truth is that horses exhibit, in an exaggerated form, many of the worst characteristics of people. They are greedy,
envious, spiteful, malicious, slothful, superstitious, and stupid. They are congenital hysterics and each one is, ominously,
a prospective homicide. If horses could talk, they would lie."
~Owen Ulph,(old time cowboy) from his book, The Fiddleback:
Lore of the Line Camp.
· "The most beautiful, the most spirited and the most inspiring creature ever to print foot on the grasses of America."
~J.Frank Dobie- Texan Folklorist, writing about the Mustang
· "...there's nothin' in life that's worth doin', if it cain't be done from a horse..." ~Red Steagall- "Born to this
· "It is not enough for a man to learn how to ride; he must learn how to fall." -Mexican Proverb
· "I'm kind of sorry now so many were caught, 'cause I have a lot of respect and admiration for the mustang. The fact
that he'd give us back the same medicine we'd hand him, with sometimes a little overdose, only made me feel that in him, I
had an opponent worthy of the game. Even though I'd get sore at them when they'd put it over on us and rub it in a little
too hard, the satisfaction I'd get at catching some wise bunch didn't last very long when I'd remember they'd be shipped,
put to work and maybe starved into being good by some hombre who was afraid of them and didn't savvy at all. For they really
belong, not to man, but to that country of junipers and sage, of deep arroyos, mesas---- and freedom." ~Will James; Cowboy
and author, about his earlier days as a horse hunter.
· Epitaph for Clyde Kennedy-
"When they lay me down to rest Put my spurs and rope upon my chest Get my friends to
carry me and then go turn my horses free"
· "Ain't nuthin' like ridin' a fine horse in new country." ~Agustus MacCrae (Robert Duvall-"Lonesome Dove")
· "Whoever said a horse was dumb, was dumb" ~Will Rogers